Parties of 4

When I was a kid growing up in Southern California, my family was an anomaly in too many ways to even begin to explain, but one thing that stood out was that there were 4 kids, all full blood relations, my sister and I and our two brothers. I guess this is one reason The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe was one of our favorite books. Anyhow, we were the only family I knew with so many kids; some of my friends were only children, but most families had two kids, and a very few had three. I knew no one else where there were 4. Here in Iceland, that isn't so unusual at all. My mom grew up in a family of 4, two boys and two girls, and I have several Icelandic friends with families of a similar make-up. And with half-siblings and the like, Icelandic families tend to be even bigger than that. That is so nice, so comforting, but it does make me miss my siblings terribly.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps