Pair of jokers

Since I was in a really good mood this morning (always a morning person, even without sleep), the fact that several strange men who I had never met before decided to start teasing me the moment they met me did not bother me so much. They were workers from the town, helping us move the cases around the exhibition hall, and by the end, I let one give me a ride on the tongs of the forklift. As my husband can attest, this really and truly would NEVER happen in California. Something about that family metaphor just makes social interactions here, even between genders, completely different than in America. As if we are all instantly siblings, even if we've never been properly introduced. 

Comments

Ko-Leen said…
here you probably are siblings; or at the very least; cousins

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps