Military brat

Although my father, brother, and husband have all served in the military, I never really gave that subculture much thought. Even when I moved into my apartment, which is former military housing on the old Nato base and has a great number of strictly American features, I noticed the small things that were Icelandic, like the cabinetry. But today I officially moved into my new office, in another building also on the base, and I am starting to feel the affect of all this military architecture. The hallways are narrower, and the doorways too, which is strange since American desks are larger.

Comments

Ko-Leen said…
Thanks for the forks and spoons - I might have been lost with out them. We really hope to see you tomorrow night

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps