Visindivænt og naturvænt

When Palmer and I lived in Iceland, I used to read him a story about this family of creatures that could change shapes. There were six or seven of them, one could take on the shape of any animal, his name was naturvænt if I remember correctly. Then there was one who coukd turn into scientific equipment, visindivænt, another that liked books, another that liked sports, a sister that liked music, and another that was beautiful and artistic. The mom and dad could also change shape.

When I was in Switzerland this summer, I saw in one of the shops I passed while walking from my hotel to the university plush pillow versions of the family, and was delighted to see they were still popular. But the store was closed, and I don't suppose I had time to go in anyhow.

Now I'm regretting that I didn't make more of an effort, since it turns out I no longer own that book, I can't remember the name of the creature-family properly, and a Google search of popular European cartoon figures is yielding no results.

We are having a Nordic children-themed Christmas banquet at work on December 19th. I was hoping to find a cute version of one of those creatures for the event, wish I'd just bought it in Zurich.

Comments

HT said…
This might help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbapapa
Björn Friðgeir said…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbapapa is what you want.
Lissy said…
Barbarapapa!! Já, takk!
Lissy said…
Svo mundi ég vilja segja, að raðstefna var frekkar erfit fyrir mig. Ég var að reyna min besta að halda ró, en fanst fyrir því að ég var að loka mér af frá flestum. Var bara ekki þægilegt, allt of heit og allt of mörk folk þar sem ég þekkti nokkrun vegin en get ekki telja beinlinis sem vin. Málið er að það er svo mikið samkepni í milli sérfræðingar, og ég er ekki goð í því hlutverk. Er bara að leita eftir besta skýring af textana, skiftum ekki málum min vegna ef sú sem hefur rett fyrir sig sér með agætis stöðutakni eða ekki. En svona status leik er akkurat það sem flestum hugsa um á raðstefnum yfirlegt, og er það bara leiðinlegt hugsun.

Uppahalds tímapunkt á Zurich kom á fyrsta dag, fyrsta kaffi hlé. Þá var ofselega langt biðröð og ég kom af því að öfugtátt. Svo horfði á mér vínur minn, sem standaði fremst í biðröð, og vísifingur á honum syndi mér að ég verður að fara upp tröppuna. Það var fyndin og gaman að mann get aðeins daðra á svona raðstefnu. Svona prívat joke.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps