One step forward and two steps back

or One steps forward and two step back?

I was in a good mood until I looked at Google Plus. It is so depressing that a company that seems to have so much going for it could have come up with such a dud of a product. I guess it is a ghost town that no one bothers to update anymore? Still, it is upsetting.

There was another mass shooting by a depressed, white, young man in a public place in the U.S. yesterday, at a college campus in Oregon, a place south of here right that I have driven past several times. So the news scared me, certainly. Especially because last year, there was a similar incident at a university just north of my university. But I have been trying to reconcile why it is that these incidents do not awaken in me a huge sense of indignation, an immediate desire to take guns away from people. I can't really explain it, except to say that I personally do not own guns and will do everything in my power to make sure my son does not turn into the sort of person that would do such a thing.

I sure hope I am not being a ridiculous over-optimist, as is my want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps