Icelanders in need of daylight

My mother's brother is coming to stay the winter with her in California, arriving December 12th. He, like many Icelanders, gets very depressed over the winter months. My mom has lots of small projects for him to work on--he is a carpenter and my parents own three properties--so it works out well. Three days later, a friend of mine is coming from Iceland to stay with me for just over three weeks, who also finds winter in Iceland depressing. We'll mostly be doing a lot of sight seeing, and I will be trying to unwind from the dissertation stress, but I think it will also be a great opportunity to work out some of my ongoing grammatical issues with Icelandic, as well as catching up on political happenings over there. Needless to say, we will have a lot to talk about.

Comments

Hello! I'm 12. I've been doing needlework. I live in Russia. In Dimitrovgrad. My school has made the project "World Friendship" If you have kids from 8 - 15 years old email me to blog or post http://alexandratvorcheskaya.blogspot.ru/ alexandraspelman@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps