Mourning

This year I am buying Christmas gifts that are mourning gifts, things by which to remember my brother and my brother in law, both of whom passed away well before we who love them finished our need to hear from them, to get their input, to listen to their thoughts and ideas, to feel their hugs and kisses and to hear their laughs.

This January it will be three years since my brother passed away, and all any of us can do is just wake up each morning, get through the day somehow, try not to be too sad or too angry or too anything else about something we have no control over. But the sadness over not being able to just pick up the phone, and ask them how they are doing, never really goes away.

Comments

William said…
Thanks Liz, you are a loving sweetheart. Mom and I feel Billy around us, and in our thoughts, every day.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps