Meatballs

Today is the "Christmas Cluster Luncheon", where the three departments that share the same floor of Dwinelle, and share the same administrative staff, have our joint Christmas party. That is the Italian department, the Slavic department, and the Scandinavian department. There is a sign up sheet of what everyone is going to bring that went around last week. I didn't think about it when I signed up, when all I wrote down was meatballs. I did not specify Swedish meatballs. But it occurred to me this morning that when Italians see the word meatballs, they think of something very different than what Scandinavians mean. So I suppose I should have specified, so as to not disappoint

Comments

Óli Gneisti said…
Hvað með íslenskar kjötbollur úr kjötfarsi?

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps