A return to a regular life

Starting in May of this year, when I packed up my apartment in Iceland, through July, when I thought I might be getting a job in Seattle, and into August when I moved to a new place in Walnut Creek, my life has been in a constant state of transition. I did not have time to think or really even process all that, in my rush to get a chapter of my dissertation finished and prepare for a conference in Sweden.

When I got back Tuesday, it was straight to teaching and then celebrating my birthday on Wednesday. Finally today, Friday the 7th of October, for the first time in about 6 months, I have time to look around and just take stock of my life. Get organized, get focused. Goof off. Play Suduko. Watch TV. Go to the gym. Get a bicycle. All these things I have half-thought about doing but have been too stressed out to actually do.

Of course I like having tension and excitement in my life, but in all honesty, I am really very ready for its opposite. I think I deserve it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps