So excited!

Well I am finally getting jazzed/stressed/excited about my trip to Sweden, which begins tomorrow night. This is I think the first conference I have ever been to where I literally do not know anyone before I go. There is one Icelander who is giving a keynote address whom I have met briefly, but never spoken to. Other than that, everyone--including the speakers in my own session who come from the Bay area--are people I have never met or seen in my life. Just a bunch of people with the same interest in me, in how places of violence become landscapes we forget.

Having just finished putting my own ideas to paper on the subject, I am so looking forward to hearing how other scholars conceive of and discuss this obscure little corner of scholarship. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps