Shoes for Óskar

The cousin in Iceland whom I was closest to as a child, Fanney Halldorsdóttir, has three kids. Two beautiful twin daughters who have our family's dark hair and dark eyes, and a younger boy who takes after his father's family, with reddish hair and blue eyes. I babysat the twins a lot, but never did so with Óskar. But he was always great with Palmer, and of course as he got older I started to notice that he has at least one thing in common with me: he is a Libra. Very much so. He is turning into a funny, smart and outgoing teenager, and cuter by the minute. So when he sent me a message on facebook asking me to do him a favor, well of course I could not refuse. 


He needs me to bring a pair of sneakers to him when I come to Iceland. Problem is I am not really coming to Iceland; I am just landing at the airport for a couple of hours. But his mom is going to come up to the airport and meet me, and hopefully bring me some of my stuff stored at her sister's house. 


I realized this morning that this means Óskar's shoes will need to be in my carry on luggage, since I will need to be accessing it during millilending. I also realized that I will have to check whatever my cousin Fanney brings me up at the airport in Iceland. This means I really won't be able to have any checked luggage at all with me on my trip to Sweden. Traveling light is a good idea anyhow, since I have to fly and take the train and walk all around a little medieval town. But with Óskar's shoes taking up probably a third of my roll-on bag, I am basically not going to be able to bring anything to wear at all. 


Ah, the sacrifices we make for family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps