Maybe, just maybe, this will actually make a difference

Palmer's elementary school divides the kindergarden, 1st and 2nd graders into something they call "early birds" and "late birds". The Early birds come to class at 8:25, but the Late birds come at 9:25. The Late birds obviously get out an hour later than the Early birds.

Last year Palmer was an Early bird, and my feeling was that he rarely got enough sleep. So this year, I am hoping he will be a Late bird. I arranged my schedule so that I can be home with him in the mornings easily until  9:30, and I wrote the teacher a note expressing my preference. Maybe it will not make everything magically better this year than last, but I am willing to try. A simple change of schedule could be all it takes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps