End of an era

This morning as my plane was touching down on the runway, and I looked out the window, over the rocky, wet, grey landscape of Suðurnesja, I did not feel at all like I was coming home. This feeling of ennui began actually on the flight, when I noticed just how many advertisements there are absolutely everywhere you turn on Icelandair. When I got to the baggage claim waiting area, all I could think about is the time I had been there a year earlier, on my trip back from Stockholm.

My friend Ko-leen has partially packed up my apartment, and there are boxes scattered here and there.

Comments

Ko-Leen said…
:(
was helping before I got a hold of you
Lissy said…
Yeah, thank you Ko-leen. You were really sweet!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps