Makes a lot more sense that way

The theme of the class I am teaching is "Waves of Words" and the works are all chosen because ships and ocean voyaging are major parts of the stories. I have been wondering what inspired my students to sign up for my class instead of some other reading and composition course. I asked them this on the first day of class and got only a vague reply about their friends recommending it or something. But then today I asked how many of them had been on a ship before. More than half the class raised their hands. They had almost all been on cruise-ships with their parents on vacation. This surprised me a little bit, but on the other hand, I think it bodes very well for their final papers, which is indeed all about ships in literature. I have high expectations now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps