Never really

Gunnar and I had the honor of showing Admiral James Stavridis around Víkingaheimar today. It went really well, and needless to say, we hope for more visits like that.

But I had to break it to my contact at the Foreign Ministry that I will not be available in the spring to conduct tours of the exhibition. I told him that I thought Gunnar would be able to take on that duty, making sure VIP visitors were made to feel really welcome.

Afterwards Gunnar and I talked about it. Although he's said generally supportive things about me going back to Berkeley in the spring, he has not ever done anything that one could constitute as out and out support, a heartfelt giving of his blessing. But taking over that duty certainly would be a real sign that I am free to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps