Wish I could stay

I am up in Skagafjorður, and the weather today here was spectacular; the weather report is showing just a string of beautiful days coming up this week all over Iceland. I am seriously tempted to stay up here all week. I really rather do wish though 1) I had found somewhere a lot cheaper to say (9.000 kr per night adds up quick) and 2) I did not have company coming in Friday night and 3) I did not have a refrigerator full of food that will start going bad.

I am however thinking of trying to talk my friends that are visiting me into taking a road trip during the 52 hours they are in Iceland!

A 2 and a half hour drive really does not seem like much to an American, and especially not this particular friend of mine, who if I recall correctly was commuting 2 hours daily from her home on the shores of Lake Superior to the school where she was teaching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps