My mom

I was at a reception yesterday for the new Press Officer for the US Embassy here in Iceland. It was a nice event, and the sort of thing where I feel especially comfortable, being as I am half-Icelandic and half-American, and also being as I am good at working a crowd (or not terrible at it anyhow). I also was able to switch back and forth from English to Icelandic (which is helpful for me, since some things I can say better in Icelandic, and some better in English), without it being the least bit odd.

But the nicest part was getting home that evening, and calling my mom to tell her about the event. She knows very well that if it weren't for her, I would not have been there, enjoying a pleasant afternoon with interesting people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps