Palm trees

I have finally got my summer travel figured out, at least the first part of it. I am taking Palmer to Boston to meet his dad on July 4th, and then flying down to see my brother, his girlfriend (who is a childhood friend of mine), and my mom and dad in Florida. Of course I expect the beaches may be affected by the oil spill, but I also know the weather will be nice and we'll get a chance to hang out under the palm trees.

Alex, a little boy we met at the pool in Reykjanesbær this weekend who speak Swedish and Icelandic, asked if Pálmar's name meant palm tree.  Although that is not the correct etymology of his name, it sounds about right.  So now I think I will start reminding everyone that they have only just a few more short weeks to enjoy the rare sight of a palm tree growing in Iceland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps