Iceland's responsibility

Of course the ash from Eyjafjallajökull is not Iceland's fault, and even less so the fact that the wind blew the ash to Europe, and even less so that modern airplanes really cannot tolerate flying through this kind of ash. But still, Icelanders do feel a bit bad, about all the people being stranded all over the place because of the airport closures.

A few Icelandic companies are trying to help out those passengers stranded here in Iceland, both by finding alternative flying routes or just discount hotel rooms, etc. I was thinking we should do something similar at Vikingaheimar, for people stuck at the airport, but that would take a lot of coordination with bus companies, etc., and I am not quite up for dealing with all that.

Instead, I am thinking I will be doing my own little part to help Iceland's tarnished reputation, if I give a tour of the museum to a British colleague I just ran into, who is stuck here now until Wednesday. Not that this makes me like the Greatest American Hero or anything...

Comments

HT said…
Það munar um allt...
Ko-Leen said…
In Reykjavik tourists got cards to take buses and go to museums for free.
Maybe you could just have free admission for all the people stuck in Keflavík waiting for a flight.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps