Easter holiday

Icelanders have two more days of Easter than Americans do. Today is skírdagur, the day Jesus held the Lord's supper. Americans do not get this day off, but Icelanders do. Lots of American schools and businesses are closed for Good Friday, but here in Iceland it is a national holiday, just like skírdagur. I am pretty sure that Monday, which Icelanders call "Annar í páskum," things will also be closed.

I am happy to have plans today: my cousin's daughter is getting confirmed, and the whole family will be there, so that should be fun. But then I am trying to figure out what to do with Palmer for the rest of the long holiday. I half considered getting a hotel room out in the countryside somewhere, but that seems pretty extravagant. Hallgrímskirkja for Easter Sunday sounds like a good idea though, or the Catholic church in Vesturbær. I haven't decided which one yet.

Good Friday, I thought we would start eating our Noi Sirius eggs, and dye the eggs for Easter morning. Not much of a plan for the day, but it is a start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps