Looky Lou

Growing up in Southern California, there were wild fires pretty often. Our family reacted to these events in what, I later came to learn, was a somewhat unusual way. We piled into the car and drove towards the fire, so we could get a better look.

This morning I find myself so tempted to jump in the car with Palmer and drive down to the southcoast of Iceland, where a volcanic eruption started last night around Eyjafjall glacier. But I think maybe I should skip it in favor of doing something slightly more sane. 

Comments

Heiða said…
this is the way all people think in iceland, and we would be off in our car, exept the roads are closed for family cars. there is nothing insane or out of the ordinary about wanting to see something as rare and unusual as a volcanic eruption.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps