Daydream

Twice this week, first with Gisli at Arni Mag, and then with Hringur at Gagarin, I had professional contacts suggest that I should bring my son over to their offices because they would like to see him. I thought that was so funny, since I have been working on a daydream exactly along those lines, wherein Palmer and I take a day off from school and work, and drive into Reykjavik, and we go visiting all the places mommy works and all the people mommy knows, just to quickly say hi.

But I don't want to push my luck with this one, since he could easily get overwhelmed or grumpy, and then said visits would not be so pleasant.

Anyhow, I was just thinking about how nice it was that Gisli and Hringur had thought of that. I guess my contacts at the Smithsonian, and at the Nordic Heritage Museum, would have done the same. Everyone the world over, afterall, wants to meet my son.

Comments

Jon Frimann said…
Eg þekki Hring lítillega, var að hjálpa þeim við jarðskjálftamæla verkefni í kringum Hellisheiðarvirkjun fyrir nokkrum árum śiðan.

Skemmtilegt að þú skulir einnig þekkja hann.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lissy said…
Hringur knows practically everyone, as far as I can tell!
Lissy said…
Oh, and I just thought I would add, he called me yesterday and asked me to call Valgeir Gudjonsson, who I worked with when I lived in D.C. So I think Hringur brings things full circle.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps