Godiva Chocolates

This year for Christmas, I ordered online boxes of Godiva chocolates to be sent to most of my family members in the States, as a way to let them know I was thinking of them. It is one of the best brands of chocolate. So when I saw some Godiva chocolates on sale at the airport duty free shop here in Iceland last Monday morning, I bought them. The Christmas packaging made it pretty obvious why the boxes were on sale, but I thought hey, chocolate is chocolate. Plus of course I had not ordered myself a box at Christmas.

Well, now I know for sure that chocolate can go stale. Even something as yummy as Godiva chocolate has a shelf life. Although the chocolate heart I just ate was delicious.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hmm, vá, var kassinn frá jólum 2009 eða 2008? þetta á ekki að hafa svona stuttan líftíma. Kannski hefur lagerinn einhvern tíma verið í of miklum hita eða eitthvað?
Lissy said…
Godiva stores keep all their chocolates refrigerated, I think in fact they do not use any preservatives. So they are more sensitive to sitting around uneaten than other chocolates.
Anonymous said…
yeah, that's probably right.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps