Conan O'Brien

Last night I saw a few minutes of the Tonight show with Conan O'Brien. They are running reruns until something can be figured out with this whole Jay Leno vs. Conan mess. I find Conan too sarcastic and self-absorbed, his humor mean-spirited and uninteresting. So, I suggested to my parents that perhaps we could watch Letterman, who my father characterized as "way too quirky." But then my mom and I were saying that at least Letterman seems comfortable in his own skin, i.e.: he occasionally smiles and laughs, he seems to actually enjoy what he is doing. I also like that the man wears very nice suits. Conan just always seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

And yes, this now means I have made the transition over to California time, three days before I am leaving for Iceland. Því miður.

Comments

Heiða said…
I prefer Conan, Jay Leno is the worst, though. He always seems to be promoting war and nationalizm one way or the other. Letterman I don't know, we haven't gotten that on icelandic TV. Conan has the sarcasm icelanders need to survive, I think.
Jon Frimann said…
Fannstu jarðskjálftan sem varð þarna í gær ?

Ég veit að þetta hefur ekkert með bloggfærsluna að gera, mér þykja þessir menn bara svo leiðinlegir. Allir svona plug-in þættir eru það.

Ég mæli miklu frekar með þessu hérna.
http://www.jonfr.com/?p=2692
Lissy said…
Hey Jón,

No that earthquake was too far away, I am in southern California now. I have seen a bit of Dara OBrian, definitely had some funny moments. But I have more of a quirky sense of humor, like things that are sort of cute. Jay's politics are not up my alley, but he does manage to have some sweet bits here or there that I like. Dave has a great mix of silly and biting and sweet, and it would be good if he was on Icelandic TV.
Thordis said…
Letterman was on Icelandic TV for years and years, can´t remember what channel but I watched him through menntaskóli and then HÍ... I always liked him more than Leno.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps