New Year's Resolution

I am not one for making New Year's resolutions, since generally speaking I am not much of a rule-goer-byer. So this is less of a resolution than a realization. I need to save money this year. I suppose lots of Icelanders, and Americans, are in the same boat.

Around New Years, people were looking back over the last 10 years, and for me and some of my friends, 9/11 stands out as a defining memory for the decade. My cousin in Chicago and I were talking about it, how the only thing American's were told to do after that event was to "spend, spend, spend!" That was the way to fight the terrorists, that was the way to win.

Thankfully, that has not been the mantra here in Iceland to the shock of the banking collapse.

So I think if the last decade was the decade of spending, this should be the decade of saving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps