Iceskating

I am heading out to The Pond, either today or tomorrow, since I have it on good authority that it is frozen.

I started iceskating at the indoor rinks in California when I was maybe 17 or so, mostly because I was really good at roller skating and wanted more of a challenge. Bought my own skates when I lived in Columbus, Ohio, and used them pretty often there, even more often in Washington D.C. There is a skating rink in the sculpture garden right next to the Natural History Museum, so that was convenient, if crowded.

Since I have moved to Iceland, I have not been iceskating at all, come to think of it.

I do not know any iceskating tricks, I cannot twirl or jump. For me, a girl from Southern California, I think being able to stay upright and move forward is enough of a trick.

Comments

Lissy said…
I looked at your knitting. Very nice! Thanks for visiting.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps