iceskating versus skiing

It was so nice to go iceskating on the pond in Reykjavik today, just like I thought it would be actually. And even though it had been years, it did not seem like it at all. My skates slipped right onto my feet, just like I remembered, no problem, as if no time had elapsed at all, and I skated just like I had before, not too fast, but smooth.

I have also skied since I was 14, but somehow everytime I go skiing, it feels like the first time all over again. I think it has something to do with a fear of the chairlifts, but I am not sure. Anyhow, two runs into it and I am usually back to myself, able to enjoy it.

Still, this winter, I think I will stick to iceskating, and leave skiing for next Christmas.*

*unless someone offers me a ski cabin out of the blue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps