Chair

Like many "middle class" Icelandic homes, my cousin has incredibly hip, Italian leather furniture in her livingroom. My apartment has American "middle class" furniture, overstuffed, muted, fabric-clad couches. Sitting in it always makes me feel lazy, it is in fact more fluffy than my bed.

I have of course neither the resources nor the will to go buy a whole new couch set. But I have been contemplating whether or not I could buy a leather chair to go with my American couches, even though that's against fashion rules. It would just be so nice to have a chair that was firm and well made, one I could feel was really supporting my back and my legs, one that made me feel secure and cozy, without making me want to go right to sleep.

Today Dave is getting new furniture delivered to his house: a suede covered chaise lounge chair and a custom ordered fabric couch. But this blog entry has nothing to do with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps