Captain Crunch & The Cavity Creepers

The comedian Dave Barry used to have a bit in his weekly satirical article about great band names. He'd be talking about something like going camping, and then he'd say just out of no where, Spikey Pine Cones would be a good name for a band, or something like that. Usually more funny though.

This morning I got an email from my sister. She suggests Captain Crunch and the Cavity Creepers as a good band name, Captain Crunch being a ridiculously sugary breakfast cereal that was advertised with a funny animated pirate in the US when I was a kid, and Cavity Creepers being animated characters brought to the good children of the US courtesy of the health department in the 70s. A kid watching Saturday morning cartoons would therefore by bombarded by two contradictory messages.

I bet that sort of thing never happens here in Iceland.

Anyhow, my sister's daughter suggested that a great name for a band would be "Loaded Diapers", and I just have to say, for the cross-cultural imagery it conjures, that one gets my vote.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My favourite Calvin and Hobbes strip shows Calvin eating something that could absolutely be this Captain Crunch thing. "Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and with absolutely no natural ingredients or essential vitamins to get in the way of that rich, fudgy taste"
Lissy said…
Ha ha! I have forgotten about that!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps