Napa wineries

California has a couple of nice wine growing regions, the Napa valley wineries being the best known. The other day, I heard a nice little tid bit that the Zinfandel wines were first commercially bottled here in California, and are thus the only wine that French wine enthusiasts do not consider a cheap rip off of their esteemed vintages. This got me thinking that it would be nice to take a drive up to the Napa Valley while I am here in the Bay Area. It is only about a 45 minute drive, and it is a nice way to entertain guests.

But I think I will wait until my parents get here. It is clearly not the thing to do with Dave and Palmer, wine tasting in Napa Valley. But me and my mom, on the other hand, that could be fun. Red Zin is good for bloodpressure, I hear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps