Cinnamon Crispas.

Taco Bell used to sell these things called Cinnamon Crispas. They were pieces of flour tortilla, cut into big triangles, deep fried, and smothered in lots of cinnamon sugar.

One sunny afternoon after school, me, my best friend, and her brother decided to make some at home. There weren't any parents around, so we got a chair out and poured a bunch of oil in a pan, heated it up, cut up the tortillas, and well, not very far into frying the first batch, whoop! The whole pan caught on fire. My friends brother, being a bit older than us and pretty darn brave, took the pan off the stove and straight over to the sink, told his sister to turn on the water. Which she did. The moment he put the pan under the faucet, a tower of flames shot up to the ceiling, scorching the paint. Me and my friend ran out of the house, sure the entire house was about to explode. A few moments later, out comes her brother, carrying the flaming pan. He carefully set it down on their cement driveway, and we all sat there watching, hoping it would burn itself out. When it finally did, we went back in, only to see the yellow paint above the sink covered with greenish black bubbles.

Although it was not so much fun to have to explain all of this to the parents, it did nevertheless provide me with a very important life lesson: never put water on a grease fire.

Now, it is not always easy to know if something is a grease fire or not, but I get the impression, from what I have read, that maybe Ögmundur leaving the ministry was kind of like that.

Comments

M Girardin said…
I don't think I could have put it in a more succinct way... Yes, Ögmundur leaving the ministry was DEFINITELY tantamount to a grease fire. Finally someone had the guts to say it! In fact, it reminds me of the time they tried to replace Coca Cola with the new Coke.... now that was a grease fire! I believe Ögmundur would definitely have had a thing or two to say about that situation! By the way, I believe that Ögmundur was more a fan of the chalupa.
Lissy said…
You crack me up!
Anonymous said…
Yep, right you are!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps