Always someone you know

I know I have discussed this before, but it still shocks me, to open up the paper (or click on a link to an article) that I think is about some random Icelandic person, only to find out the article is about someone I have met and spoken with before.

In 2001, I did a small research project at the Saga Centre in Hvollsvöllur. I was especially interested in the narrated tours of the landscape referencing Njals Saga that the Centre offered (I believe they no longer do these tours, which is too bad). There were 4 guides who offered these tours, and I thought the best guide was Gunnar the priest.

Just now I realized this is the same Gunnar the priest who is being reassigned after being accused of molesting young ladies during their confirmation training.

A constant emotional roller coaster living here, I tell you what.

Comments

HT said…
Iceland - Never a dull moment!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps