"You are very beautiful"

After interviewing me, Jón said to me, "Can I ask you, how old are you?" I said, "I am 36". He said, "Well, you are very beautiful." My mind reeled to try to understand the connection between my age and how beautiful I am, wondering if I was more beautiful because I was 36, if he thought I was younger than I am because I am so beautiful, whatever.

Would be interesting to understand what Icelanders consider the optimal age for a woman. This of course varies by generation and area, but for people my age, who grew up in suburban areas in the States, I think we all had the idea that we'd hit our stride in the mid-thirties or early forties. Blame it on the show 30 Something, I guess. All I know is I was really happy to turn 30.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps