Trying to make me jealous

Despite a few hours of sunny weather yesterday, it has pretty much been rainy and windy for the past 10 days straight. During this same time period, Palmer and Dave were in Southern California, visiting my parents. They would Skype me everyday:
"Hello Liz!" says my dad. "Today we went boating on the delta. It was 95 degrees."
"Hello Liz!" says my mom. "Today we were swimming in the pool. Palmer had such a great time."
"Hello Liz!" says Dave. "Tomorrow we are going to Disneyland. I am putting a lot of sunscreen on Palmer, since it is really hot down here."
"Hello Liz!" says my dad. "We've got everything all packed up for a nice day at the beach. The weather is really perfect!"

Notice a common thread?

I know, I know, the weather is amazingly, daily, unbelievably perfect in Southern California. I know that. I used to live there. But no one needs to try to make me jealous about it. I was pretty darn aware of the climactic differences between Iceland and California a long time ago. But still I guess they have to try, it is a sign that they miss me.

Palmer on the other hand, he never talks to me about the weather.* "Hi Mommy! I got a new car!". Ah, now that is the sort of sentence I like to hear.

*That is not entirely true. I tell him all the time how cold and rainy it is here. Trying to let him know that he would not be having as much fun with me here in Iceland as he is in California.

Comments

Ko-Leen said…
Kasper loves the rain, it is his favorite weather.
When he sees the rain beating against the windows, he offers to take the dog for a long walk.
So there is fun to be had in Icelandic weather.
and who doesnt love puddles?
Iris said…
Seriously - you know me. 95 degress does not sound appealing to me at all. I have to deal with it in July/August and that is enough thankyouverymuch!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps