Travel protocol

I missed out on seeing a few of my archaeological colleagues this summer. They were up digging near Reykholt, and had I brought my own car to the Viking Congress, I could have gone to see them when I was at the conference there. Instead, I sent them a few messages, asking them if they were coming down to Reykjanesbaer to see my museum. They said they would try, and then of course ran out of time. One messaged me today, apologizing. But actually, I think maybe I should have been the one apologizing. Afterall, he flew here all the way from Washington D.C., got himself out to the Icelandic countryside, and I could not figure out how to get a ride 10 minutes up the road from where I was staying? My priority was clearly on showing off my museum, instead of saying hello to friends and colleagues, and that is not really very nice of me. Next time, I will do better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps