Speak softly but carry a big stick

I'm reading an analysis of Svarfdaela saga, and thought this passage was interesting for how unbelievably stagnant political tactics are through the ages. "A character who is destined for heroic deeds [,,] must be seen as a man capable of taking revenge before he approaches an enemy with a peaceful solution in mind. It is one of the paradoxes of feuding that in order to effect a peaceful settlement, a character must have a demonstrated capacity for shedding blood." (Note that if I were editing this article, I would urge the author to combine the two sentences, which repeat the same thought with slightly different wording, into one).

Comments

Joan Palomino said…
it sounds interesting....but do u have any pictures about iceland????
I´d like to know more about tyhat country.

have a good day
Lissy said…
Hey, thanks for visiting! Your blog looks interesting too, poetry works so well in Spanish. I don't do much of just a general overview of Iceland in my blog, it is more about my daily life here.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps