Simun Arge

On Friday I showed the curator from the Faeroese National Museum my museum, including of course the case on the Faeroe Islands. I have blogged about this case before, it was, to say the least, a challenge. Scrambling at the last minute to get a bunch of Faeroese midden deposit bones from New York, spending weeks and weeks and weeks trying to figure out how to put them in the case, creating and cutting out figures of birds and fish, sewing bones onto said cut outs, oh my goodness what a chore. Simun was very pleased with the results, though we agreed that he would send me a better picture, and I might make the cod bigger (the vertebrae overwhelm the cut out at the moment).

But without a pretense of modesty, I hereby declare that I have transformed Viking Age garbage into a visually compelling and important case that anchors the environmental message of the exhibition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps