Parking garages

I was at the Kringla Mall having lunch with a friend, and driving out of there, I was realizing how few parking garages there are in Iceland. Each of the malls has one, and also there is one downtown on Hverfisgata, but none at the university. It seems to be a big selling point with the new Performance Center downtown, that it will have an attached parking garage.

Parking garages have their critics, because of course they allow for more cars to be on the road. But I always tend to think they are a good use of space, certainly better than just a parking lot. I also somehow feel like my car is safer inside a parking garage, that is once it is parked (finding a spot and navigating up the ramps is always tricky!). Anyhow, I use them whenever I can, and think it would not be so bad if there were more of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps