Open letter

I just sent this off to Columbia University:

Dear Dr. Stiglitz,

I am a PhD candidate doing my dissertation research into Icelandic history, and I am also half-Icelandic, started coming to Iceland when I was a little girl.

I just wanted to send you a quick note of thanks, to thank you for your efforts to enlighten both the Icelandic politicians and public about the financial situation Iceland finds itself in at this time, and ways to improve matters.

In a country as small as Iceland, either everyone listens, or no one listens. This time, surely everyone is listening. And it means a lot to this country, which has felt a bit ostracized lately by the international community, that you have returned to give the country a second chance to get it right.

Thank you very much and best wishes,

Elisabeth I. Ward
PhD Candidate
University of California, Berkeley

P.S. I am also posting this to my blog, elisabethida.blogspot.com

Comments

Valur said…
Ég tek hattinn ofan af fyrir þessu framtaki.
Lissy said…
Takk. Mér finnst þetta ekki ofskrítið að gera!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps