Museum libraries

Yesterday, I went to the library at the National Museum. It is a cozy library, with old books and old furniture, and books not available elsewhere plus all the archaeological site reports. Unfortunately, it does not have wireless, which is a bummer, but more problematic is that the archaeological field reports are only organized by year and listed in the system by site title, which basically means that if you did not already know there was a dig somewhere at a specific point in time, there is no way to find out about it. I told the librarian that I'd come back when I figured out how to know what reports I needed to read.

This was the exact same problem at the Smithsonian. Archaeological reports are tricky that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps