Lamb soup

I'm making lamb soup with the left over leg of lamb from last weekend. When I was in California, I always made chicken soup, since I always bought full chickens there (free range, of course!), and thus it was good to do something with the rib cage and all that. My recipe for that was pretty well figured out, in terms of how to spice it and what veggies to put in. My lamb soup here in Iceland is a bit more experimental, I am not entirely sure about the spicing. Everyone says rosemary is so good with lamb, but I have never really thought that was the case with Icelandic lamb, which is a bit more earthy than other lambs. So I am trying oregano with this batch, and mushrooms.

My favorite thing about making this kind of soup is that well, there is no pressure about it at all, no feeling of wasting food, since of course this was the part of the lamb I would have just thrown out otherwise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like rosemary with Icelandic lamb, and garlic too.

Congratulations btw with the mention as a Best blogger in the weekend's DV! Cool!
Lissy said…
I do not get DV, but yeah, one of my other friends mentioned it to me, so I guess it is nice.

Garlic, yes, garlic would be good....

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps