Hairstylist wanted

I was talking to my cousin and my aunt just now about their hair cuts, and I mentioned I was thinking about getting mine cut. Then I realized I HAVE NOT HAD MY HAIR CUT SINCE MARCH! Seriously, March?? I mean I had no idea it had been that long. I remember just before the opening of the exhibition in June that I was wondering if my cut needed a freshening up, but then my son came and summer came and it was just as easy to put it up as find time to get it cut. So now it is a question of waiting until I get back to Southern California for a few weeks in November, where my absolutely amazing hair stylist lives, or if I should just find someone here in Iceland to do something with it. I will probably opt for the latter, since now is probably as good a time as any to find a hairstylist who does not live halfway around the world.

Comments

Það er hellingur af góðu hárgreiðslufólki í Reykjavík og örugglega nær þér líka. Spurðu bara þá sem vinna með þér eða einhverjar sem eru með flottar klippingar!
Lissy said…
Ah, no, it is not that simple. It is not about how good the cut looks, just about any hairstylist can give someone a decent haircut. I need a haircut that grows out well, and that is a whole other order of complexity. Most people do not even know what I mean. And it is weeks later before one realizes how badly one's hair is growing out. I have not had my hair cut since March, but because my hairstylist is so good, it actually still looks good. Most hairstylists are sort of artists, who are going for a look. My hairstylist is more like a scientist -- her dad is a professor of physics. So I am really spoiled.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps