Group sing

One really nice Icelandic--well, actually, Scandinavian--tradition is that when there is a social gathering, people are expected to sing together. I am sure this happens in a lot of cultures, it just happens to NOT happen in American culture, at least not my slice of suburban American culture. But thankfully, in the Scandinavian tradition, hand-outs are made of all the songs that guest are supposed to sing.

So last night, when I was at the birthday party of friend of mine, I was able to join in the fun, which was really nice. Made me feel part of a 60s motown group or something.

At this same party, I also was able to firmly establish the difference between Jónas Kristjánsson the saga scholar and Jónas Kristjánsson the newsman, so that was nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps