Exceptional

This morning is an exceptional morning, not in the sense that I am up early, I am always up early. But rather in the sense that I am up early, but wanting very much to stay in bed.

But that would be an exceptionally bad idea, since the museum is a bit disorganized after last night's sorree, but more importantly, I have special surprised lined up for the visitors. I finally today am going to be able to set up the computer kiosks I have been working on for over a year. They won't be in their final place (nothing ever really is in a museum), and the computer guy yesterday was complaining about the panoramic format of the screen, but I am confident no matter what, they will be a really welcome addition to the exhibition.

Comments

ג. ג. said…
I remember you live in Keflavik. What is your opinion about it? Is it a nice town to live in?
Lissy said…
Well, I am partial to it for lots of personal reasons, but I would say that Keflavik, especially right now, is a place with a lot of potential. I could be wrong, but I have the feeling that Reykjavik sort of peaked already, it is so full of cafe's and galleries and nifty little shops, I just don't know how much more artsy it could get. Keflavik on the other hand is on an upsurge, with all these college kids moving out to the old base, pumping a lot of new blood into the town. There just seems to be an enthusiasm, even with the recession, for trying to take advantage of all the stuff the Americans left behind, so I think there is good energy here right now. Mind you, no waterfalls behind your house or anything, but I have a really nice view out my window, over the bay.
ג. ג. said…
Thanks Lissy. While going to the airport to pick up a friend, I drove through the town and I was really impressed. It wasn't the first time for me in Keflavik, but now I noticed things which felt to me as you described. I town with potential. I'm thinking about moving out from Olafsvik someday. Reykjavik is too over rated, Keflavik can be a good option.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps