Back pocket ideas

When visitors come by, and mention this or that that we should do or could do, I often want to say something along the lines of "I'll put that in my back pocket" but I have a feeling this is not a phrase in Icelandic. It is a nice one though, implying that the idea will be kept close, and also somehow on reserve. Not discarded, not rejected. It implies that there will be a time when one will reach into one's back pocket, find a little note about this or that idea, and go, "Right! That was a good idea! Might be something I can try soon."

I found a note to myself like that earlier today, while trying to straighten up my desk a bit (hopeless). It said, "Henriette, talk on history of Reykjavik". She just dissed from Cambridge's architectural history program. I got to get on figuring out where she could hold a talk. That is a quintessential back pocket idea. Not to be forgotten.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Þú segir "ég hef það bakvið eyrað" á íslensku.
Lissy said…
Oh, that is cute. Behind the ear.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps