Unbelievably silly

Palmer was able to add to his list yesterday, his list of silly things mommy has done (like breaking a glass at a restaurant in Prague). Because I left my computer bag, with my phone, my wallet, and my passport, at the Notary's office, only I did not realize it until I was all the way at the airport, 45 minutes away (but with traffic on the bridge, a good hour away). Had a minor breakdown in the parking garage when I realized this. 

Called the office where I left the bag, about 20 minutes before they were set to close. Asked if anyone was planning to hang around. Asked if anyone that worked in the office lived near the airport, or was heading that way. The manager said he would get back to me. A few minutes later, Ralph calls. Says he doesn't have any immediate after work plans, and is willing to drive to the airport (an hour drive!). A few more follow up calls, I suggest we meet mid-way somewhere, and about 40 minutes later, we meet at the parking lot near the old navy base on Treasure Island, where he quickly handed me the bag and refused to let me reimburse him for the gas. 

Would a complete stranger in Iceland have done something so nice for me? The question is very hard to answer, I mean it is much harder to call someone a complete stranger in Iceland, than it is in California. 

I'm thinking of sending Ralph flowers. Because that counts as one of the few times in my entire life when I can honestly say someone really went out of their way for me. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've had people being incredibly nice to me here, so yes, some Icelanders would do this sort of things. Not all...

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps