The things that matter stay the same

I posted a comment to my previous entry, about the Jazz festival, wherein I mentioned meeting my cousin Einar there. I am still thinking about it, thinking about what a very nice coincidence it was. I'm sure no Icelander would find it noteworthy, but I still do, the stability of the connection, the instant recognition that we know each other and care about each other, no matter the years, no matter what comes to pass between then and now.

He still likes music, I mean of course he does, but now he's a doctor, and it is nice to see him finding ways to keep that interest going. I was especially happy, since his plan was to leave after the first act (an Icelandic trio) and I encouraged him to stick around for part two (a German trio) and they were absolutely beyond belief. Avant guard but with such skill and humor and intelligence, it was really a joy once one got used to it. I bought their CD, and so did Einar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps