Taste in Movies

Dave is wanting to throw out most of his movies, and all of his CDs. I'm wondering if I should take some of them, except well I don't think I'll be able to play the videos in Iceland.

But Dave has great taste in films. Likes them sort of dark and thought-provoking, a bit strange. In fact, the first movie he ever showed me was Bergman's Seventh Seal, which I had never seen, even though I was a Scandinavian Studies major. Embarrassing that I had not seen such a fabulous film.

I am going to have to make a concerted effort, when I get back to Iceland, to try to keep building my appreciation for good cinema, and I do actually think there are some decent movie houses and video stores not only in Reykjavik but also in Akureyri. But still it is sort of ironic, since California is surely more known for that.

Poor Iceland, I just keep heaping on the expectations.

Comments

Ko-Leen said…
you can buy a multi region video player, davíð's parents have one!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps