Swedish hotel rooms

Years ago, the curatorial group for the exhibition met in Stockholm, and everyone complained about the hotel rooms, specifically the shower cum bathroom set up, where the shower head is right next to the toilette and the whole thing tiled and raised above the floor of the "bedroom". Our hostess, Carin, said we should not complain, since in fact we were lucky to have a bathroom in the room at all. 

When I checked into my hotel here in Uppsala a bit ago and discovered it had the same set up, I made the rather rash judgment call that this is just how Swedish hotel rooms are. 

And here I was fantasizing about a big old American style hotel room with two queen (perhaps even king!) beds, a sitting area, a full bathroom (with a hair-dryer), a little closet (with an iron and ironing board), blah blah blah. Welcome to Sweden, baby!

Comments

Jon Frimann said…
Þetta er hefðbundið skandinavísk uppsetning sýnist mér. Mjög aleng á Íslandi líka. Það eru hinsvegar mismunandi útgáfur af þessu milli landa, eins og gengur og gerist.
Teitur Atlason said…
..Small is beautiful.
Lissy said…
Well, the nicest thing was they let me check in early, which I really appreciated. After all the traveling I have been doing, I was really ready to take a shower. Rather needed to, as a matter of fact.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps