MJ's doctor

The bloggers here in Iceland made a lot out of Michael Jackson's death, but then I heard from several friends of mine how absolutely sick and tired people were getting of the coverage in the media of his funeral and the investigation into his death. Not having a TV, I had missed most of this. So today when I popped by CNN.com, I was genuinely saddened to read that the police have probable cause to file murder charges against his doctor, who started this May and had been experimenting with different drugs to help Michael fall asleep. The reports seem to question the integrity of the doctor, but I prefer to think of it as one more example of the hubris of modern western medicine, an establishment which thinks it knows more about life than any other civilization in the history of mankind.

All I can hope is that the doctor genuinely thought this was the best way to help him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps